Join Our Team – Mechanical Technician
Position in Gardner, MA
The Mechanical Technician position plays a key role in equipment preparation, fabrication, assembly, testing, troubleshooting, and repair of remediation process equipment. The Mechanical Technician will work closely with the Shop Manager to help manage workflow and equipment readiness.
- Assembly and fabrication of remediation system components according to standard component configurations or custom designs, as directed.
- Perform mechanical assembly, testing, and QA/QC documentation on fabricated components to ensure that only properly assembled and tested parts are shipped to field sites or placed in
- Perform necessary mechanical repairs and maintenance on equipment and facilities
- Set up and interpret repair schedules, ensuring equipment is maintained in working order and according to standard
- Identify need for replacement equipment and inform supervisor
- Ensure cost-effective usage of all equipment, supplies, and tools in the Shop
- Support the delivery of inventoried, inspected, tested, and well-organized shipments of materials, equipment, and supplies to meet project needs, on-time in accordance with project schedules
- Ensure component materials and equipment are inspected, inventoried, and tested prior to shipping goods to project sites and ensure completion of necessary quality control and inventory documentation
- Equip and deploy inventoried tool trailers for use by field construction and operation teams & shop tool kits to improve site/shop organization, standardization, and efficiency
- Ensure accurate inventory and proper maintenance of all tools in field tool trailers prior to deployment
- Inspect and document tool trailers upon return to the shop. Identify any missing or damaged tools, follow proper accounting procedures to document and charge appropriate projects or accounts to repair or replace missing/damaged tools
- Ensure accurate inventory and maintenance of all tools in shop tool carts
- Communicate through email and phone with field crews to diagnose issues with equipment and promptly apply solutions.
- Assist with warehouse inventory control and tracking system
- Maintain all work areas in a neat and well-organized condition
- Organize warehouse and shop to facilitate improved tool, equipment, asset, and hardware organization for increased efficiency of warehouse and fabrication operations
- Follow system for accurate tracking of shop tools, equipment, assets, materials, equipment, and supplies
- Provide materials, supplies, equipment, and tools from inventory to support project mobilization, construction, and operation. Inspect, repair (as needed), and return items to inventory upon return from project sites
- Charge materials, tools, equipment, and supplies to projects including means for tracking, reporting, and charging lost or damaged tools, materials, supplies and equipment
- Stockroom duties such as counting and categorizing parts
- Prepare documentation for shipping. (BOL’s, Inventory sheets, shipping labels)
- Inspect and confirm incoming deliveries
- General housekeeping duties such as trash removal, floor-sweeping, or snow
- Other general duties that may be assigned by the shop manager
- Travel to field sites, as needed, to support construction, operation, or demobilization
- High School degree or equivalent is required
- Graduation from a two-year technical trade program is
- Alternatively, minimum 2 years in a trade apprentice program or related military field
- A minimum of 5 to 10 years experience working independently in a shop environment, repairing, and maintaining capital equipment and supplies is required
- Ability to bend and lift up to 50 pounds
- General computer skills are necessary
- Prior experience with materials or inventory management is preferred
- Familiarity with a wide range of mechanical skills is preferred including plumbing, electrical, carpentry, welding
- Knowledge of multiple styles of pumps is preferred (Diaphragm, centrifugal, submersible, etc.)
- Background training with heavy equipment (Straight mast forklift, Extended boom forklift, skid steer) is preferred.
- Must pass required pre-employment and annual medical surveillance physical examination for clearance to work on hazardous waste sites
- Must have current valid driver’s license
- Must be willing to travel occasionally, as project needs dictate
Who is Cascade?
From our roots as a Northwest regional drilling company, we have grown into a national, full-service environmental services company offering innovative solutions to our customers. We believe in excellence at every level and that includes hiring employees who are the best at what they do. We firmly believe our employees are the most critical component of our long-term success. At Cascade, we provide a career, not just a job.
Cascade’s core purpose is to be the essential business partner that contributes to our clients’ success and advancement in tackling even the most challenging environmental and geotechnical problems, to contribute to our industry and the betterment of our employee’s careers and the communities we serve.
What does Cascade offer?
- Comprehensive training and flexible career paths
- Encouragement to pursue new roles nationwide, explore a variety of projects, and work with mentors and experts who help shape the industry
- Comprehensive Medical/Prescription Drug/Dental/Vision
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Company-paid Basic Life Insurance / Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Health Reimbursement Account and Flexible Spending Account
- Sick Leave / Holiday / Vacation Pay
- License Bonuses / Tuition Reimbursement
- Charitable Donation Match
We are proud to provide a full range of benefits programs that help our employees and their families plan for today and their future. The benefits we offer are competitive and allow flexibility and choice to meet the individual needs of our employees and their families.
Who are you?
- Hard-working, talented, and career-minded
- Strong desire to contribute to a stable, diverse organization
- Work hard, play hard mindset
- Open to continued learning and development
- Collaborative, team player
- Customer service minded
Apply here: https://jobs.jobvite.com/cascade/job/oQAghfwH
To learn more about our exciting career opportunities at Cascade, check out our Careers site at www.cascade-env.com/careers.
November 10, 2021