Join Our Team – Senior Mechanical Engineer
This position reports to the Director of Engineering and is responsible for engineering design and related activities associated with thermal treatment projects, including: thermal wellfield layout, treatment equipment design, calculations, work plan writing and preparation, permitting. The Project Engineer position is responsible for overseeing, directing and supporting thermal treatment system startup, operation and reporting, and system troubleshooting (as required). In addition, the Project Engineer also supports proposal development, cost estimating and equipment procurement. This is primarily an office position with periodic project and proposal related field travel required.
- Prepare design work plans, from conceptual design through detailed design packages. Typical design efforts may include preparation of well field layout, mechanical equipment and piping design and layout, friction loss, line sizing and heating calculations, process flow diagrams, piping and instrumentation diagrams, equipment sizing and specification development.
- Assist with project planning and field mobilization efforts. Develop equipment schedules and material takeoffs; prepare specifications and requests for bids for subcontractors and material vendors. Compare bids and recommend the selection of subcontractors and material vendors.
- Perform site visits on new project opportunities to determine site conditions, including available site power, utility/facility constraints, construction permits; evaluate potential site support contractors, and assist with preparation of cost estimates.
- Assist with material and equipment inspection, testing and quality control documentation in our shop, and general preparation for deployment of equipment and materials to project sites.
- Plan, direct and support field teams with construction and operation activities at thermal treatment projects. Provide technical guidance and troubleshooting support as needed.
Field Engineering (As Needed)
- Perform the function of field engineer (as required), including hands on field work and/or field engineering, quality control inspection and documentation, supervision of field staff and subcontractors, project schedule progress and budget compliance. Communicate progress or issues with project manager or construction manager.
- Assist with field construction and/or site operation efforts,
- Prepare detail drawings and supervise fabrication/construction, as needed,
- Perform field QA/QC to ensure construction work is performed in accordance with design drawings, specifications and SOPs,
- Communicate project progress updates, work quality or safety concerns to the Project Manager, Director, Engineering, or Vice President as necessary to ensure timely, proper and safe completion of the project.
- Assist the construction supervisor and system operators with system commissioning and startup. Perform and/or ensure that required commissioning QC activities are properly performed and documented.
- Support construction and operations field staff with troubleshooting (remotely or on-site, as applicable).
- Always look for new and better ways to streamline the cost and performance of our projects, capture information, and make overall improvements as learning takes place.
- Develop new methods/equipment and support ongoing R&D projects in accordance with approved budget and scope, as directed.
- Travel as necessary to perform position description duties. Expect up to ~20% travel for periods of several days to 2 weeks. Occasional longer trips may be necessary depending on project tasks and work load.
- At least seven (7) years engineering experience in environmental remediation, production plant or related construction industry
- 4-year degree in engineering or related discipline, Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Related Technical School degree/certificate, or applicable military training
- 40 Hr. OSHA Hazwoper training and current 8 hr. refresher (co. will provide if not current)
- Professional Engineer or EIT with ability to obtain PE preferred
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and stay organized while doing so
- Self-starter with outgoing personality traits; Demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and MS Project (or similar)
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with electro-mechanical and treatment equipment installation, operation and troubleshooting.
- Ability to work with hand & power tools, electrical meters, test equipment, and field sampling devices.
Level of Supervision:
- Work independently based on general instructions, directions or objectives received from supervisor or project manager
- Complete assigned tasks based on instructions, directions or objectives received with varying degrees of supervision from supervisor or project manager
Apply here: https://jobs.jobvite.com/cascade/job/oMHFhfw9
January 3, 2022