What You Need to Know About Thermal Remediation for MGP Sites
Originally broadcast on Jan 24, 2024
When a manufactured gas plant (MGP) site is identified for treatment, the typical remediation approach can be expensive and involve hazards for crews and the community. Any time you excavate contaminated soil and transport it for treatment or disposal, you are introducing potential safety and liability issues. Luckily, in situ thermal remediation (ISTR) is often a safe and cost-competitive alternative.
Join this webinar where our Vice President of Development, John LaChance discusses:
- Primary ISTR technologies, their applicability, and primary removal mechanisms at MGP sites
- Key design considerations for varying conditions and remediation goals
- A case study of an MGP site remediated with ISTR, including:
- Analysis and discussion on the potential role of in situ smoldering in the removal of creosote/coal tar
- Insights into projects with unique goals, such as
- Volatilization of low boiling point compounds
- In situ immobilization of high boiling point compounds, including heavier range TPH and PAHs.