Webinar: Thermal 101: What is Thermal Remediation and How Does it Work?
May 26 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EDT
In the last 20 years, thermal remediation has gained a reputation as one of the most effective approaches for addressing sites with hard-to-treat constituents, everything from VOCs, SVOCs and PAHs to MGP coal tar and dioxins. But to achieve site goals, the project has to be well engineered, with a clear understanding of…
- The geological setting
- Which contaminants are being addressed and where they are in the subsurface
- The estimated mass of constituents to be removed
- Which heating technologies are best suited for the site
- The timeframe available for the project
- What the remedial objectives are, and more.
In this webinar, thermal experts Nikole Stone and Steffen Griepke will cover the basics of thermal remediation. They’ll explain how the three primary thermal technologies work, what constituents and lithologies they’re best suited to treat, typical project timeframes, and a few real-life examples. There will also be time for a Q&A, so be sure to bring all the questions about thermal remediation you’ve never had a chance to ask.
If you’re interested in gaining a basic understanding of thermal technology, this is a webinar you won’t want to miss.