Thermal Treatment of PFAS – Does it Work?
Originally broadcast on Jun 20, 2021
Many promising Pump & Treat Technologies are promoted to treat PFAS in groundwater which is excellent to reduce the risk of further spreading. However, no technologies have been applied to eliminate PFAS source zones so far.
Join three experts from TerraTherm and our European partner KrugerVeolia when they address the topical issue: Is it possible to remove the source totally and permanently?
You will learn:
- How do you analyze PFAS – a family with 3000+ members
- What are the lowest and the most optimal temperatures for removing PFAS
- What is the fate of the fluorine
- Which lab tests and full scale projects have been performed worldwide
- What to look for and what to avoid in terms of successful remedy of PFAS source zones