Leadership & Management Team
Research & Development
Electrical Engineer II
Project Engineer II
TerraTherm is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer; we promote policies of equal opportunity while engaging in a practice of nondiscrimination regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disabilities or veteran status. We encourage you to explore our current career opportunities.
Please submit resumes via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are currently looking for candidates for the following position:
Project Engineer II - Click here to download a PDF
This position reports to the engineering manager and is responsible for engineering and related activities associated with TerraTherm’s in situ thermal desorption (ISTD) and steam injection projects, including: equipment system design, site design, calculations, work plan writing and preparation, permitting, cost estimation, equipment procurement and fabrication, system startup, data management and reporting, and system troubleshooting (as required) for TerraTherm. This is primarily an office position with occasional field travel required.
- Prepare design work plans, from conceptual design through detailed design packages. Typical design efforts include preparation of well field layout, electrical circuit calculations, mechanical equipment and piping layout, heat and material balances, process flow diagrams, piping and instrumentation diagrams.
- Develop equipment schedules and material takeoffs; prepare requests for bids for subcontractors and material vendors. Compare bids and recommend the selection of subcontractors and material vendors. Prepare construction and equipment specifications, including means and methods.
- Perform site visits on new project opportunities to determine site conditions, including available site power, utility/facility constraints, construction permits, and evaluate potential site support contractors, and assist with preparation of cost estimates.
- Assist with material and equipment assembly, packaging, crating and general preparation for deployment of equipment and materials to project sites.
Field Engineering (As Needed)
- Perform the function of field engineer, assistant project manager or assistant construction manager (as required), including hands on field work and/or field engineering, supervision of subcontractors, review of daily work production reports, schedule and budget. Communicate issues with project manager or construction manager and client as directed by the project manager.
- Assist with field construction and/or site operation efforts,
- Verify that daily production reports are maintained,
- Perform field QA/QC to ensure construction work is performed in accordance with design specification,
- Prepare detail drawings and perform fabrication supervision,
- Keep project manager and client on informed on design and performance issues.
- Communicate and coordinate work quality or safety concerns to the TerraTherm project manager, general manager and technology manager as necessary to ensure proper and safe completion of the project.
- Assist the TerraTherm construction supervisor and system operators with equipment commissioning and startup, and operational troubleshooting, when required. Cover system operator rotations (typically 1 to 2 weeks) when necessary.
- Demonstrated hands on experience with electro-mechanical and process equipment fabrication, integration, operation and trouble shooting. Ability to work with electrical meters, hand & power tools, and operate of fork lifts (with company-provided training).
- Always look for new and better ways to streamline the cost and performance of our projects, capture information, and make overall improvements as learning takes place.
- As directed, develop new methods/equipment in accordance with approved budget and scope.
- Continue to gain knowledge on the remediation of hazardous materials by reading relevant trade journals and related information.
- Travel as necessary to perform position description duties. Expect up to ~20% travel for periods of several days to 2 weeks. Occasional longer trips may be necessary depending on project work load.
- Five years direct or equivalent engineering experience in environmental remediation and/or construction industry
- Prefer experience in a remediation technology engineering environment, but not required
- Small / start-up company experience, preferred but not required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and AutoCAD
- 4-year degree in engineering or related discipline
- Related Technical School Degree/Certificate
- 40 Hr. OSHA Hazwoper training, and current 8 hr. refresher training (preferred)
- EIT preferred
- Technical certificate from accredited trade school or military
- Self-starter and outgoing personality traits
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to take direction and act independently
- Strong communications and organization skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and stay organized while doing so
Level of Supervision::
- Work independently based on general instructions, directions or objectives received from supervisor or project manager
- Complete assigned tasks based on instructions, directions or objectives received with varying degrees of supervision from supervisor or project manager