Leadership & Management Team
Research & Development
Electrical Engineer II
CAD TechnicianPrincipal Engineer
Project Engineer II
TerraTherm is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer; we promote policies of equal opportunity while engaging in a practice of nondiscrimination regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disabilities or veteran status. We encourage you to explore our current career opportunities.
Please submit resumes via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are currently looking for candidates for the following position:
Principal Engineer - Click here to download a PDF
This northeast based position reports to Manager of Technology Team. The Principal Engineer is a key technology gate-keeper, specializing in making projects successful, and training staff in design, monitoring and optimization of in-situ thermal technologies and combined remedies. The primary responsibilities include strategic oversight of a subset of TerraTherm’s operating sites with focus on remedy effectiveness and timeliness, principal chemical engineering and sales support efforts.
- Direct ISTR and combined remedy design projects (scoping of ISTR, conceptual design, scheduling, preliminary costing)
- Direct ISTR and combined remedy pilot tests and full-scale applications as technical director during operation and support project team in the successful achievements of project goals
- Participate in at present at critical project meetings with client, authorities and regulators
- Quality control and review of design reports, progress reports, and project completion reports.
- Coach and train other staff in the technical direction discipline, including methods for field optimization of heating and extraction systems.
- Plan, direct and implement advancements and improvements in ISTR and combined remedy designs and implementation methods
- Consult with and make recommendations to professional management team
- Solve problems of various degrees of complexity
Technical Sales Support
- Prepare preliminary and conceptual designs and cost estimates by studying site information and related customer documents, including geology and hydrogeology information. Select the best thermal technology and treatment concept based on contaminant type, client schedule and remediation goals.
- Support Technical Sales Staff in the presentation of preliminary and conceptual designs to the client
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending and presenting at educational workshops, conferences and technical webinars
- Research and Development – participate in CTO-driven initiatives and support task leaders with data management and interpretation
- Senior advisor to CTO on technological advances and direction
- Publish peer-reviewed professional publications
- Conduct webinars and training sessions (internal and external)
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Engineering (first preference to Environmental Engineer), Geology, Hydrogeology or Science.
- 5-10 years of experience in the environmental remediation business, with at least some experience in thermal remediation.
- Experience in thermodynamics
- Strong understanding of subsurface concepts and parameters
- Strong technical presentation and writing skills
Note: The successful applicant will join the Technology Team of TerraTherm. The team currently has eight members and serves all TerraTherm’s thermal projects as well as some combined remediation projects executed via Cascade Technical Services. Relevant remedies include Thermal Conduction Heating, Electrical Resistance Heating, Steam Enhanced Extraction, In Situ Chemical Oxidation, In Situ Chemical Reduction, and Enhanced Bioremediation. The projects are mostly in North America, but work is on-going in Asia and Europe as well.