Leadership & Management Team
Research & Development
Project Engineer II
TerraTherm is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer; we promote policies of equal opportunity while engaging in a practice of nondiscrimination regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disabilities or veteran status. We encourage you to explore our current career opportunities.
Please submit resumes via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are currently looking for candidates for the following position:
CAD Technician / Mechanical Designer - Click here to download a PDF
The CAD Designer/Technician will work with Project Managers, Project Engineers and CAD Manger to manage and create all drafted documentation associated with projects. The documentation will primarily be created using AutoCAD and or AutoCAD MEP/CADWorx Plant, and the scope of the job will span all elements of the project life cycle inclusive of gathering project requirements, preliminary and final design, procurement and As-Builts of equipment and materials, project monitoring and control. Work will also include updating management of documentation for existing equipment systems.
- Prepare design drawings, details, and sketches from sketches, concepts or mark-ups provided by TerraTherm engineering or project management staff. Draw and plot drawings to scale, as required.
- Work under the direction of the CAD Manager to design complex drawings, such as P&ID, construction documents, routine design layouts, detailed drawings, equipment skid and piping.
- Prepare complex drawings (e.g., PFDs, P&IDs, scaled equipment layouts, and equipment details).
- Prepare and work with bills of material (BOMs) and other construction documents.
- Develop equipment/material schedules and material takeoffs, from drawings or sketches. Support preparation of requests for bids for subcontractors and material vendors, as directed.
- Create and markup existing PDF documents using Adobe.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, and reviewing relevant technical publications.
- Assist engineering and project management staff with day to day project functions, as needed, including researching product specifications, contacting vendors, and other support functions as needed.
- Maintain utilization by assisting with non-drafting project activities such as component assembly and hands-on work in the shop as shop as appropriate.
- Work as part of a collaborative team to balance workloads and ensure quality deliverables are produced on time.
- Adhere to TerraTherm practices, policies and procedures for document revision control.
- 5 to 10 years AutoCAD experience
- Proficiency in AutoCad (2014 or newer version)
- Strong understanding of, mechanical design fundamentals and practices
- AutoCAD MEP or CADWorx Plant software (preferred but not required)
- Experience in remediation technology (preferred, but not required)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Knowledge of AutoCAD Scripts, VBA & Lisp functions)
- AutoCAD training (2yr Associates degree in Drafting Technology or Equivalent)
- Customer focused, results-oriented professional and strong team player
- Self-starter that demonstrates initiative
- Ability to take direction and act independently
- Strong communications and organization skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and stay organized
Level of Supervision::
- Report to Engineering Manager through CAD Manager
- CAD Manger will work with project management staff to set work priorities
- Work independently based on instructions, directions, or requests received from Supervisor and/or Sr. Project staff.